How to Play Uno
Each player receives 7 cards with the remaining ones placed face down (virtually) to make up a DRAW pile. The top card of the DRAW pile is shown to begin a DISCARD pile. The first player has to match the card in the DISCARD pile either by number, color, or word. For example, if the card is a red 8, the next player must play a red card or any color 8, otherwise the player can play a Wild Card. If the player doesn’t have anything to play, they must draw a card from the DRAW pile. If they can play what is drawn, they can play. Otherwise, play moves to the next person (pass).
- You must follow the rules of IdleChat’s Terms of Service.
- Some Trash talking is okay but don’t let it get out of hand.
- If you won’t say it while playing with your mom or grandma it doesn’t belong in #uno
- If you don’t want someone to say it to you don’t say it to other people.
- You’ll get 3 warnings, then you will receive a channel ban lasting 1 day.
- Each ban after will add 1 day, so the second time you get banned you will be banned for two days.
What Do these mean?![D2] Draw Two Cards – When this card is played, the next person to play must draw 2 cards and his/her turn is skipped.
[R] Reverse Card – Simply reverse direction of play. Play left becomes play right, and right becomes left.
[S] Skip Card – The next player to play loses his turn and is “skipped.” Mighty clever.
[W] Wild Card – This card can be played on any card. The person playing the card calls any color to continue play.
[WD4] Wild Draw Four Card – This is the best, meanest, most sneaky card to have. Not only does the player get to call the next color played, but the next player has to pick 4 cards and his/her turn is skipped.
There is a hitch, however (of course): you can only play this card when you don’t have a card in your hand that matches the color of the card previously played.
- !start – Starts the game
- !stop – Stops the game
- !unowon [nick] – Shows information about a player
- !unocmds – View all commands in channel
- !remove [nick] – Remove a player from the game (Radien only command)
- !unotop10 – Shows top 10 players
- !unotop3last – Shows last months top 3 games and top 3 players
- !unofast – Shows current month’s fastest game
- !unohigh – Shows current month’s high score
- !unorecords – Shows All-Time Record for Points/games/speed/highest score and cards played
- jo=join – Joins the game
- pl=play – Plays a card
- dr=draw – Draw a card
- pa=pass – Pass/Skip your turn
- co=color – Pick a color
- ca=cards – Shows your cards
- cd=card – Shows active card
- tu=turn – Shows current player
- od=order – Shows order of game
- ct=count – Shows number of cards each player has
- st=stats – Shows information about current game
- ti=time – Shows how long game has been going
- Wild Draw Four:
- Wild Card:
- Draw Two:
play [red/blue/yellow/green] dtor
pl [r/b/y/g] dt
- Skip Card:
play [red/blue/yellow/green] sor
pl [r/b/y/g] s
- Reverse Card:
play [red/blue/yellow/green] ror
pl [r/b/y/g] r
- Number card:
play [red/blue/yellow/green] [1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/0]or
play [r/b/y/g] [1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/0]